Year 1/2 Mixed 2019 - 2020
Teacher Y1/2 KS1 Leader
Teacher Reception and Y1/2
Class e-mail address to use during school closure is
In an effort to improve communication between pupils and their teachers during this uniquely challenging time, we have set up class e-mail accounts. The idea is that children can e-mail work to teachers and receive feedback, during school hours. Teachers will log onto the e-mail accounts and respond to pupils work and queries during the school day, when they are not on duty looking after children of key worker parents at school.
Miss Jessop and Mrs Worsley would like to welcome you to our Year 1/2 page.
In our class we work really hard but have lots of fun along the way.
The class is taught by Miss Jessop on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Mrs Worsley on a Thurdsay.
We are available at the end of the day if you need to ask any questions.
There are two parent's evenings a year, and a final report at the end of the year.
- Homework will be sent home on a Wednesday to be completed, signed and returned on Mondays.
- Please try to read with your child for at least a few minutes every day, it makes a huge difference! Reading records must be signed every week.
- PE kits need to be in school every week as it is a stautory subject. Please make sure everything is named, including shoes!
We love learning and these are the things that are important to us...
- Trying our best at all times
- Positive attitude in all we do
- Bringing our smile with us every day
- Looking after ourselves and each other
- Remember our school motto...
'We are a caring, respectful and cooperative learning community'
Year 1 Phonics Screening Check
The statutory Year 1 Phonics Screening Check which provisionally will take place during the weeks of June. Dates will be confimed and communicated to you. Please ensure that your child is in school during this week.
The check is a list of 40 words which children will read one -to-one with their class teacher. It will assess phonics skills and knowledge learned through Reception and Year 1.
It will check that your child can:
- Sound out and blend graphemes in order to read simple words e.g. n-igh-t
- ·Read phonically decodable one-syllable and two-syllable words, e.g. cat, sand, windmill
- ·Read a selection of nonsense words which are referred to as ‘pseudo words’ or 'alien words'
Our Year 1 Author is Julian Donaldson
Our Year 2 Author is ALLAN AHLBERG