Year 5 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Year 5 2019/20!
Class e-mail address to use during school closure are
In an effort to improve communication between pupils and their teachers during this uniquely challenging time, we have set up class e-mail accounts. The idea is that children can e-mail work to teachers and receive feedback, during school hours. Teachers will log onto the e-mail accounts and respond to pupils work and queries during the school day, when they are not on duty looking after children of key worker parents at school.
How you can help at home...
- Please ensure your child learns the relevant Y5 statutory words list.
- Ensure that your child reads every night!
- Ask questions about the book your child is reading to develop their comprehension skills.
- Make sure your child brings their reading book to school every day and their reading record has been signed.
- Encourage them to read as many books as possible from the Y5/Y6 recommended texts list.
- Ensure that your child knows the timestables up to 12x12 and the corresponding division facts off by heart.
- Check their PE kit is in school every day.
- Encourage them to go on My Maths regularly. Each child will be set weekly activities to complete on the website.
Our Year Group Author is Michael Morpurgo