Year 6 2019 - 2020
Teacher Y6, Upper Key Stage 2 Leader
Welcome to Year 6 2019/20!
Our children bring enthusiasm, a positive attitude to learning and fun to our classrooms every day whilst promoting our school values of being caring, respectful and co-operative.
Our Class Councillors are
Our Eco-councillors are
Our year group author: Anthony Horowitz
Our RA champions are
Our class Bugle reporters are
Maths SATs Revision at Home!
Use the link below to view some great resources for helping revise for the Maths SATs tests.
How you can help at home...
- Please ensure your child revises the Y5 statutory spellings and learns the new Y6 word list. Both documents are available to download at the bottom of this page.
- Ensure that your child reads every night!
- Ask questions about the book your child is reading to develop their comprehension skills. A list of example questions are again at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure your child brings their reading book to school every day and their reading record has been signed.
- Encourage them to read as many books as possible from the Y6 recommended texts list (at the bottom of the page).
- Ensure that your child knows the timestables up to 12x12 and the corresponding division facts off by heart.
- Check their PE kit is in school every day.
- Encourage them to go on My Maths regularly. Each child will be set weekly activities to complete on the website.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
Inclusive Curling Competition (selceted students), by Miss Keith
Bikeability (Year 5 & 6) , by Miss Keith