Extra Funding for Pupil Premium & Adopted from Care
Do you know about the Pupil Premium Fund?
Did you know that by registering for Free School Meals on the stockport.gov.uk website, you could raise up to an extra £1,900 for your child’s school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
Similarly, children that have been in care and are now adopted or have left care on a special guardianship order or a residence order (now known as child arrangements order). This will be entirely confidential. The number of qualifying children on roll will be submitted to the Local Authority for the finance claim.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
• Working Tax Credit run-on
• Universal Credit.
It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, even if your child is in Reception, year 1 or year 2, so that your child’s school receives as much funding as possible.
We need information about you and your child, so that we can provide them with the best education and support by making sure that their school receives all the government funding to which it is entitled.
Doing this is voluntary, would help us to access a significant amount of additional funding for your child.
Please contact Nichola Keith for further information on 0161 4321916