Sports Premium Grant
Primary Schools Sport's Funding
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is being allocated to primary school head teachers. This funding is ring-fenced and, therefore, can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. It is for individual schools to decide how the PE and Sport funding is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made to enhance the provision for PE. To read more click on the attachment above.
This money has been utilised to allow Broadstone Hall to develop their participation of many more children in a wide range of activities and events. High quality coaches have been brought in to provide specific expertise in different sports. We have also been able to subsidise transport costs to parents and in many cases absorb those completely.
Click on the document below to see how we are planning to develop the PE provision at school and how we are allocating our Sports Grant to support this
Evidencing the impact of the PE and Sport Premium 2016-17
Pupils at school have taken part in the following sports activities so far in 2016-17:
- Weekly sports clubs for a variety of age groups in a range of sports
- Disability Sports Hall Athletics
- Football against Didsbury Rd
- Football against St Josephs
- Football against St Johns
- Football against Norris Bank
- Year 5 and 6 Athletics
- Football against St Thomas' girls and boys
- Stockport Swimming Gala
- Stockport Basketball Tournament
- Sports Amabassadors Training Session Y6
- Mini Whistlers Training Session Y5
- Y 3/4 and Y 5/6 Stockport Gymnastics Competition. Y 3/4 were placed 5th over all and Y 5/6 were placed 2nd overall by 0.5 of a point.
- Stockport Curling Competition
- Stockport Y4/5 Mixed Football Heats
- Stockport Y4/5 Mixed Football Finals
- Stockport County 6 a Side Football Tournament: A Team won 3 games, B Team won their league and got to the semi-finals
- Stockport Inclusion Quick Cricket Tournament
We are now Stockport Swimming Champions (boys), Stockport Basketball Champions (mixed) and Stockport Curling Champions (mixed)
The teams from the competitions above represented Stockport in the Greater Manchester Games in March 2017.
Evidencing the impact of the PE and Sport Premium 2017-18
As well as the regular sports clubs that take place at school, pupils have also taken part in the following events
1. Stockport Athletics Competition at Manchester City Sports Village: 8 Y6 pupils attended won girls and boys relay races and came 5th overall.
2. Football vs Cheadle Catholic Primary School Y5 and Y6
3. Football vs St Thomas Primary School Y5 and Y6
4. Young Ambassador Training Conference Y3 and Y4
5. Young Ambassador Training Conference Y6
6. Y5/6 Athletics Tournament at Aquinas
7. Primary Girls Active Day Y5
8. Y5 Swimming Gala, Y5 Boys and Girls Teams
9. Stockport Basketball Heats 8 Girls and 12 Boys in 2 Teams
A Team are through to the Stockport Finals
PSC Yoga and Mindfulness coaching for Y6 pupils Spring and Summer Terms
Purchase of 30 Yoga mats for Y3 Yoga lessons
10. Y1-6 Gymnastis competition. 3 teams competed in the different age ranges. Y5/6 team were over all winners, also winning best individual boy and girl. Y5/6 team are now through to the Greater Manchetser Games Finals.
11. Y5/6 Athletic Stockport Finals. Team came 3rd overall.
12. Talented and Able morning at Priestnall High School: 10 KS2 dancers took part
13. Stockport Tri Golf Tournament: Team are through to the Greater Manchester Summer Games
14. Stockport Curling Tournamant: Teams came 5th and 6th overall
16. Stockport County Community Schools Trophy: A and B teams made the semi Finals, A team made it to the final but lost to Moorfield.
Evidencing the impact of the PE and Sport Premium 2018-19
Sports Premium Grant has been spent on supporting the attendance of children from all ages at local and regional sports events. Money has been used to provide coaching at these events from PSC as well as transport to and from the events to enable pupils to attend either in school time or after school.
As pupils have been successful at initial events, further attendance for regional finals has proved necessary and again, the grant has been used to enable coaching and transport at these additional events also.
Sports events and competitions attended so far this year have included:
- Football tournaments for pupils in Y3-6 and for girls only teams
- Football matches against other local schools
- Basket ball tournaments for girls and boys in Y5 and Y6
- Tri Golf tournaments for pupils from a range of year groups in KS2
- Boccia events for SEND pupils from a range of year groups in KS2
- Curling tournaments for pupils from a variety of age groups in KS2
As a result of this spend we have reached the Stockport Finals for Football, Basket ball, Boccia and Tri Golf. We are Stockport six a side football champions for this years and we will be representing Stockport at the FA Northern Finals in Bradford in the near future.
More sports events will be attended during the summer term 2019.
We have also spent some of the sports grant on updating the playground markings at the school. This will provide marked game zones for playtimes, lunchtimes and Games lessons and will improve provision for the children across the school in this area for many years to come.