Parent Governor Nomination Deadline - Friday 8th November @ MIDDAY
Last week, Mr. Langley wrote to you to invite you to stand for election as a parent governor, or nominate another parent to do so. In our school we have provision for three parent governor(s) and there is currently one vacancy.
TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS.
Completed nomination forms must be returned to the school by 8th November 2019 before 12:00pm.
The governing board, with the headteacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing boards have three core strategic functions:
• Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
• Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
No special qualifications are needed and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the school and be prepared to play an active part in the work of the governing board. However, we would particularly welcome nominations from parents with the following skills:
• Experience of working in the educational field
• Financial experience or qualifications
• Management of businesses or organisations
• Experience relevant to national curriculum subjects e.g. Science, Geography, History, English etc.
Training is available for all governors and this governing board has an expectation that those new to governance attend free induction training.
If you would like to stand for election please complete the nomination form and return it to the school no later than 8th November 2019 at 12:00pm. You may also include a short personal statement to support your nomination, which should be no longer than 250 words. Self-nominations will be accepted, but if you are nominating another parent please seek their prior consent.
We look forward to your support