URGENT: NUT FREE SCHOOL
NUT FREE SCHOOL
MATTER OF THE HIGHEST IMPORTANCE:
We have 2 children in school who suffer from SEVERE nut allergies. We cannot stress enough the severity of these allergies that could have very serious results should they even come in to contact with nuts to the touch, let alone digest them.
We implore you to empathise and ensure that this must NEVER happen.
The following items SHOULD NOT be bought into school:
- NO Packets of nuts, NO cashews/pistachios, NO Whitworths mixed nuts sachets
- Peanut butter sandwiches
- Nutella (Chocolate Spread sandwiches)
- Fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts i.e tracker bars
- Chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts (Celebrations i.e. Snickers)
- Sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame)
- Cakes made with nuts
We have a policy not to use nuts in any of our food prepared on site at our school.
If there are any issues that you feel arise as a result of this policy, please do feel free to come to the Office to discuss them and if your child develops any allergies, please inform the school.
Help keep our children safe